it's supposed to be a temple anyways

A week ago (bet you didn't think I could keep this to myself) I started a cleanse. It's been six days now, and I've drank the toxin-getter-outer every day as well as ample amounts of green tea. I've eaten very little (J is still fasting but um, hello, no way in hell) and what I am putting in my system is all very good - mostly proteins and vegetables, a bit of whole grains.

And the thing is, I feel pretty good. Not fabulous, but better. More energy. Cleaner. Humming.

It's one of the things we've really gotten lazy with since M - convenience rather than mindfulness. Microwaving instead of cooking. And it shows. We've both rounded out a bit, gotten sluggish and lazy. And we've burned many a mental calorie just thinking about it.

And it's amazing how much one can rationalize. I'm still a size 8, 8's not bad. So what if I was a 6 last year.... And so on. But it's not about size or weight (ok it is, but it's also not)

It's about mindfulness. It's about making good choices instead of punishing yourself with bad ones, and not in terms of weight, but in terms of how it makes you feel.

And I feel pretty good this week. Clear headed. In control. Mindful. Each time I go to eat something, I think about what it is. What it's made of. Where it came from. And so on.

I know this sounds like a post about dieting. But it's really a post about paying attention. And I am sharing this with you now because I want to make myself further accountable. I want to crawl out from under the mental rock I've been living under in regards to my own wellness. And I know from the places I visit many of you are wrestling with a lot of the same thoughts, and they manifest themselves in different ways - how we eat, how we write, how we parent, and how we show up in the world.

This is a post to remind all of us we have a choice. Let's choose to honor ourselves, in no matter what form that takes.

Namaste, friends.