still not quite done taking advantage

Enchanting z. recommended Pan's Labyrinth a while back and since I am in general awe of her and her assorted whimsies and intellect I knew I needed to check it out. I saw it last night and was enthralled. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Thanks, Z, you mad englishwoman, you.

How did I get to go to the movies, you ask? It appears that GrandparentGate is not quite over. We've had another branch of the institution out to spread much worship (and assorted choking hazards, thank you very much for not reading any labels prior to purchase) for the weekend.

Which means J and I get to head up to the City today and connect with some friends we haven't seen in ages in some dark, dank bar and (not) watch the Pats game.

Or better said; I get to drink beer unaccompanied on a Sunday afternoon.