breathing lessons

We spent the rest of our holiday like this:

And while sitting there, I took a picture of these:

Both images suck, but one for the obvious and the other because I was using a cell phone camera and hospital lighting is entirely unflattering, not to mention the poor choice of flooring. But since you asked, I thought it only fair to share the henna love.


Needless to say, we are exhausted. M is breathing better but still quite sick, and I've been coughed on enough to form my very own small germ colony. I anticipate joining the ranks in two to three days and somehow, I look forward to it.

The bonus is the hospital sent us home with Our Very Own Breathing Machine, so I can pretend to be a nurse in the comfort of my own living room. Which, I might add, would be accepted much better than the really mean nurse who made my baby shriek and cry for no good reason until I finally stopped the madness and asked her to Leave The Room Right Now. But more on that, later.