Saturday, June 09, 2007

bits

Tabba had a scare yesterday and it reminded me of how vulnerable we all are. About how every day is precious. It's a good reminder to have on hand when your child pitches a baseball at your skull. Somehow it helps a little bit. Not as much as it should, but baseballs do hurt.

Seriously Tabba, I am glad everyone is ok.

I am inspired by Alejna and Neen and so many others about being more committed to sustainable living. We went to our local farmers market today and loaded up for the week, and the really cool thing is that there was a community butcher there for the first time. Finally, a way to get local meat. Rock on.

If you haven't had a chance to donate to our Just Post Fundraising Project yet there is still time. The drive goes on through the soon to be unveiled (ahem, as in tomorrow) May Just Posts.

12 comments:

Hel said...

So wonderful to get here first.

Florian started his own blog on cobbing and his other sustainability projects.

Go have a look...

http://blog.opensynergy.co.za/

I can't wait to see what tomorrow's just post brings.

Back to studying the workings of memory.

Big hug and smile,

flutter said...

Ohh Tabba! yikes. Have I told you how proud I am to be a part of your project?

Aliki2006 said...

We just got back from the pool and I'm shivering now at the thought of Tabba's scare...my worst fear.

Christine said...

Just visited over at Tabba's place. Truly frightening.

Here are a couple interesting blogs about sustainable living:

http://sfcompact.blogspot.com/

http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/

Kyla said...

Ack, I've never read Tabba, but goodness that ER discharge form is enough to stop my heart. So fragile.

Lawyer Mama said...

A community butcher? That is cool! We have to drive to a neighboring city to find one. I've certainly never seen one at our local farmer's market.

Tabba said...

Jen, I'm using your comment section to thank you for all of your care and concern...and to all of the commenters who have stopped in and are reflecting. For it is so early in the summer season. And though we all know the dangers of pools and open water, it never occurs, fully, that it could happen to you.
On another note.....

The community butcher thing is awesome....and I just love going to farmer's markets and stocking up for the week.
I will be checking out some of these links about sustainable living.

Take care.
Everyone.
And thanks :)

Tabba said...

Oh, and I got my donation in.
By the skin of my teeth......

I wish it were more... :/

carrie said...

Tabba . . . what a generous soul. I am glad to hear that everything is going to be okay.

I love local groceries!!!

Hearing Neil Young and John Mellencamp drive this point home during FarmAid a few years back really got me thinking. Yay, for farmers and local, sustainable living. I wish more people lived like this, it would be so much easier.

Carrie

Karen Forest said...

I, too, love farmers markets.

Just visited Tabbas site. How scary. I can't imagine.

thailandchani said...

I do wish we had a farmer's market closer. There is one in South Sacramento.. That's the closest.

Looking forward to the Just Posts...


Peace,

~Chani

QT said...

I am so thrilled you found a local resource! I love the sense of community at the farmer's market.

I will keep Tabba and little ones in my thoughts.