three and holding

One week into Three and already I am noticing the changes. M is more emotional, more easily (as in rapid fire no wasted breath collapsing on the floor in agony of the smallest things) upset, a bit clingier to me in particular.

I want to navigate this well, with the grace of angels so to speak but it's a conundrum, a newness that hasn't quite settled in and on top of it is an unwelcome guest with muddy shoes and dirty laundry.

My brother is in town and as he attempted to play with her she threw a fit and pushed him and yelled. I immediately stopped her and told her I needed her to go to her room because you know, that really sucked. She lost her wee little mind, raging hysterics on the floor. I held my ground and sent her packing and she finally and devastatingly went into her room where she screamed rageful screams, a scream of a much older child complete with the hitting of some walls who'd most certainly never done a thing to her save keep her warm and dry. J and my brother and I all looked at each other and sat in stupor wondering which pod she'd she'd hatched out of and how we send her back. And my brother, in his usual brother way finished his beer and turned back to his book and muttered thank christ i've never decided to breed.

Three rocks, dudes. Now past the scotch.

But it's not all bad, three brings learning and other little marches towards brilliance. Like learning how to speak Spanish. Check out my review and learn all about it.