Thursday, February 14, 2008

we are our sisters keeper

I've been writing for MOMocrats for a while now, and we've been dedicated to raising the public debate on the election and the candidates and policies involved. But politics are personal and Kyla graciously agreed to share her own story and you can read it here. Come sit with us and help figure out how to change a system that's failing people we love and those we've yet to meet.

Because if not us, then who?

And perhaps we can take a lesson from the smallest around us. Go and visit Carrie's son Wyatt as he raises money for orphaned children in Africa. That kid is money, I tell you. Pure money.

(Because we are our brothers keeper too.)

14 comments:

hele said...

Amen sister.

Kyla said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, jen.

This little village rocks my world.

thailandchani said...

Very true.....

painted maypole said...

just getting back and catching up. you are keeping the candle burning, as always. and that little princess. Precious. makes me itch to get up my disney pictures... but no time today! ;)

anna said...

Thanks for the link to Kyla's story. I think the only way to change the public policy on health care is through letting people see the devastating personal impact of the current, unsustainable, situation.

kgirl said...

I just read Kyla's story. As a Canadian, I do not want to comment at Momocrats, because I don't want to sound like, well, a Canadian. But tell Kyla that I am sad, and outraged, and pulling for her.

Sober Briquette said...

i wonder is there some way that Kyla's husband's company can compensate him that wouldn't be "salary?" My husband runs a small business very...eh,..creatively.

Janet said...

The more I learn of your healthcare system, the more I fall in love with mine. It ain't perfect, but it's a faithful companion, you know?

Thanks for calling attention to Kyla's struggle. Good stuff.

Omaha Mama said...

Thank you for helping those of us who aren't as informed. You are spreading knowledge and every bit helps!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

it is indeed personal

flutter said...

That kid rocks my world

heather said...

I have to admit that I started reading you because your politics and everyday stories were so different than mine. Kyla's story is absolutely heartbreaking and the more I read the more you are changing my mind.

PJ said...

Thanks for giving Kyla the opportunity to "Sound Out". If anybody's kids deserve protection, hers do. She has literally searched heaven and earth for a solution.

carrie said...

Thank you Jen, for being an "Auntie" in this village . . . and for all of your inspiration. Each and every day.