bits

We overdid it a bit on our hike today. The 3 miles turned into 4.5 and the warm into hot. Poor M by the end was dragging, we'd run out of water and we had to take turns carrying her (this is starting to sound thematic and perhaps a sign that we are not actually responsible enough to take our child hiking). On the upside we brought one of those little magnifying boxes with us so we captured bugs during our hike and checked them out. Inchworms are pretty cool up close in case you were wondering and I know you were.

When we finally got back to the car she cashed out immediately and woke up grumpy. Luckily we have a fabulous friend who happens to like my kid and she came over and gave us a free pass to go to the movies while she and M and baked muffins. Muffins, I tell you. If that isn't a slice of Americana I dare you to tell me what is.

By the way, we saw The Visitor and it was really quite good. I'm quite aware that this post is boring at best and probably not worthy of hitting publish but I'm going to do it anyways because I'm lame like that. Here I go.