it's oh so quiet

It's the first time in years I've been alone. Quiet. Not talking to anyone, doing as I please. I like it. I also like knowing it's temporary, that in a short while things will return to normal. It's almost ridiculous, how lucky that feels. To have this and to have that. Them. I miss them. But for now I will treat it as it deserves, a momentary break, a return to girlhood. Stay up late and watch crappy TV. Drink coffee at midnight. Or not. Talk to no one all night long. Cook what you want. No picking up after anyone. I ate a bowl of pasta with nothing on it but cheese but it was the fancy cheese and I ate it all. It's fun, this. It's like my old self came by for a visit and I'm not surprised at all to find she hasn't changed a bit. Maybe tomorrow we'll go out for drinks she and I. Maybe not. Maybe we'll read a book. It won't matter. This.


Bookmark and Share