Tuesday, July 21, 2009

i hate sick

M is sick. I don't know what is wrong with her. She's covered in a terrible rash and hot to the touch. I took her to our jungle MD this morning early, I called him on his cell and he said to meet him at his office and we did. He took one look at her and said it was an allergic reaction but to what? So we trudged across the dirt road to the laboratory where they took a bit of blood for further exploring and after lunch we'll go back and wait our turn. We'll wait our turn in a roomful of people, there are no appointments but then again there is cell phones that get answered and she's in okay spirits so far.

We have friends in town, good friends who we love and have missed and who've come to visit. The rest of the party is in the middle of a jungle inside of a cave partially under water right now while I sit with my child and wonder what the prognosis will be. J wanted to stay behind, he thought I should go with our friends but it's funny, it's so funny it's not even a thought because it's just like air or water when your child is sick you are a mother and nothing else not anything else matters until you know they are okay and the thought of not being there is not even a thought because you'd never even think it because this is where no matter what this is where you need to be.

Bookmark and Share

29 comments:

Kyla said...

That is so true.

I hope she is okay. Could it be a viral illness rather than an allergic reaction? Full body rash and fever might also be scarlet fever (strep w/rash). Keep us posted.

Magpie said...

like kyla said, i wondered if it could be something like scarlet fever.

i hope she feels better.

Daffodil Campbell said...

I feel the same way - if my kids are sick, I have to be there with them. They Need Their Mama. My husband and I have worked it out so that he takes them to dentists and check ups, and I take them to all sick visits, and trips to the ER. Because when a child is sick, he can actually sleep, eat, think about something else, and I cannot.

Amber said...

I hope that you have answers, and that M is feeling much better very soon. There is really no worse feeling than having a sick kid. No fun, no fun at all.

Erratic said...

I hope everything is ok! Definitely keep us posted - it is always a good sign if she is in good spirits. :)

Capital Mom said...

I hope that she is okay!

mayberry said...

That was me and Blogher last year - looked forward to it for 12 months, then kid was sick and Poof! Who cares about Blogher.

I do care about M and you -- hope she's better very soon.

bgirl said...

oh no....
hoping it is nothing and she's on the mend soon.
hugs to the mama!

The Maven said...

My 2yr old son had an allergic reaction to red ant bites today, I think. No major rash, but quite the fever. Being with your sick child really is like air or water. You couldn't and wouldn't be anywhere else. Stay strong, mama, and I'm sure M will feel just fine soon *hugs*

meno said...

As if we could go off and concentrate on anything when our babies are sick.

Hope she's better now.

KC said...

Keep us updated, please. Sending M well wishes from afar. xoxo

Jenny said...

We're thinking of you and your family and hoping for a speedy recovery.

krista said...

i hate sick, too.

flutter said...

poor little muffin!

hypoglycemiagirl said...

:-(

TZT said...

Hope you get answers quickly and that M feels better.

Janet said...

Sick is no good. I hope she heals swiftly. A mama's heart can't take it.

Gwen said...

oh! i hope she's already better. jungle sicknesses are way too stressful (i don't know how my mom ever did it).

Kim said...

Oh, I hope she is ok! I hate it. Especially when you don't know what is wrong. Your mind goes places it should never go.....

And you are right, it is in the core of our very being that we are to be with our child. At any cost.

Omaha Mama said...

I feel exactly that way, always needing to stay at home with my kids when they are ill, even if others offer to help. I hope you'll update us on M. I'm praying that they can give her a med to clear it right up!

Sagesse said...

Is she ok?

Kelly said...

It's so primal, when our children are sick.

I hope little M is on the mend soon, free of rash and fever and bounding through the jungle once more.

NotSoSage said...

Sending healing M's way.

mommyknows said...

Any news? Allergies, are such a pain ... not usually accompanied by fever though?!

Flower Power said...

I hope M is ok you haven't posted for a while.

Orangeblossoms said...

thinking of and praying for you....

deezee said...

is she better??

QT said...

Having been through a rough patch with M, I will say she is a trooper. Sending recovery vibes your way~

wheelsonthebus said...

just catching up. glad she's ok. S still talks about her.