academic withdrawls

I've just returned from my incredible and amazing experience at Harvard. I can't tell you the amount of joy I felt at being surrounded by 150 other international Non-Profit leaders. I mean, the sweet and satisfying JOY of being surrounded by other people all committed to DOING GOOD IN OUR WORLD. All together. Being understood. For once. Community. With wine.

The Harvard Business School has a Social Enterprise program that reaches out to folks like us and then puts us through an incredibly intense curriculum of classroom, small group, and individual study. It was by far, the most enriching professional experience of my life. Talk about turning on the floodlights in all the dusty corners of my agency and exposing the issues. Talk about being re-energized and motivated to continue to fulfill our mission. Talk about being around the smartest people in the non-profit world and getting to learn from them....and talk about learning from absolutely brilliant professors and researchers....

And the eye candy wasn't bad, either - there are some awfully attractive men doing some really terrific things in the world....