Saturday, November 11, 2006

sacred spaces

Lil approached me weeks ago to collaborate on a site with her. She has a vision for a site where she and others can air out their stories - the ones that have made us stumble, rise up, scream, or weep along the journey.

She's created a place where we can gather and bring some of that to light. It's over at the only way out is through and the door is open to anyone who has a story they feel they'd like to share. I know she is dedicated to respecting the privacy of others, so submissions can be anonymous.

It feels like a warm and lovely place already - mostly because Lil is so pure of heart in her choice to birth this and also in her willingness to create space for the rest of us.

A couple of you have already inquired, and I know Lil is working to get your story on the site in the next few days. I look forward to hearing what you have to say - especially given the strong reaction to some of my recent posts - I know there is a lot brewing under the surface for many of us, and sometimes the things we hide keeps us stuck.


Anonymous said...

Have you ever read Her Bad Mother's Basement? It's kept up by Her Bad Mother, one of my favorite blogs.

The basement:

crazymumma said...

I'll go there soon....a five year old is tugging on my arm...

Thailand Gal said...

Sounds like a very good idea... particularly if there is a method of posting with some anonymity. Sometimes the way we learn the most is from each other, our experiences and our healing. It's worth a dozen professionals.

I'll definitely check it out, along with Her Bad Mother's Basement.



Thailand Gal

Lillithmother said...

Jen, you humble woman you...I didn't birth it alone, you're my...doula!

flutter said...

This sounds like an excellent idea, and a great place to heal