random thoughts and birthday wishes

While (poorly) evaluating someone's risk of suicide:

Him: You know...wanting to kill yourself is like robbing a bank. You know what I mean, when you are sitting in front of the bank, you have a gun, and you have it staked out? You know where you are going, which guards are weak, and what time of day? That's how I think about killing myself...and right now, I am only sitting outside the bank. I don't have a gun. In the past I had it all planned out. For me, it's just like when you want to rob a bank. Know what I'm saying?

Me: Well, yes, but without the whole bank part.

Him: Yeah, ok. But I mean, haven't you ever thought about robbing a bank?

Me: Well...not so much.

Him: Really?

Me: Dude, I couldn't pull that off.

Him: You're probably right.

And to the magnificient Dr. Martin Luther King: We haven't made as much progress as we should have. Please know we are still trying to get to a place of fairness and justice for all. We haven't given up on your dream.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. King

We remember you.