anticipation

I started getting incredibly excited about BlogHer this weekend. I truly can't imagine what it will be like to meet those of you who are going and am completely and entirely thrilled. I've not talked about it much but I remember last year at this time. I had just started blogging and saw all the chatter and thought: a conference about blogging? Sheesh. LAME. And then I read all the accounts afterwards and I realized it was hardly lame at all. Even though I had virtually no community here yet it showed me what was possible. And a year later I am actually going.
Sheesh. Not Lame At All.

Talking about it is a mixed bag, those who can't or choose not to go are perhaps bored by all the chatter or feeling left out and that is the last thing I want so I've purposely avoided it. But I know that I'll be bringing all of you with me, your writing and your hearts and will toast our community repeatedly. You might even feel some sort of an electrical impulse or something, I'd be interested to know if that was the case.

In fact that happened to me once. I had been a Burning Man girl before I had gotten pregnant with M. She was due in September so we had to miss the festival but I remember telling J that I wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor the night the man burns because of the collective power and energy being released to the universe with over 25,000 people drumming and dancing and chanting and communing while the Man catches fire and burns up the desert sky. And sure enough, a few minutes after midnight I went into active labor and I can forever tell her she was born the night the man burned in the desert, one of the most special nights of the year.

Long way of saying that you should all be forewarned, because this much good energy in one bloggity place could probably shift the blogging vibrations worldwide.