June Just Posts

justpostjune2007

Welcome to the seventh Just Post Roundtable. We've got such a lovely crowd this month, new voices and old. And we saw something extraordinary take place in June. Last month we put our money where our mouths are and raised over $2,700 for 2 organizations working with the littlest survivors of the AIDs epidemic. That told us we are hungry: hungry to come together, to lift our voices, to do more in this world. And we did. We've made sure that these kids have food and clothes and books and people to hold them. We did this in just one week.

So it made me wonder what else we can do, as we continue to cast our voices louder and join others. There are things brewing in this great blog world of ours, and as such we can all take part, big or small in the development and implementation of new ways to share our voices, to do more than talk. To Act.

BlogHers Act is asking for our help. To focus on one issue, and issue of our collective choosing, and use our wisdom and power to envision change. And Canada has already jumped on their version of BlogHers Act with BlogHers Canada Act. Both groups will tackle an important social issue and all are welcome to join them. Go. I'll go too.

I am constantly struggling with my place in this world. I often hide behind the homeless curtain, using it to rationalize why I am not doing more. But the truth, the plain truth is I am paid to do this, and while it is of unbelievable importance to me it can also be an excuse not to do more. And as I sit, waxing armchair-like about things that matter in our world, actually doing something about the mattering might take away from my already dwindled resources of time and energy. I realize it's a dangerous road, my becoming stagnant. And frankly, that terrifies me. Complacency friends, is a nasty bitch.

So before I hide behind my homelessness and my motherness I will continue to ask myself what I am truly hiding from. Because giving this planet my all means something slightly better for M, and Mad's M, for The Mayor and Rooster Girl, for Wonderbaby, and for Cakes, for Lil and Big Girl and Mme. L., for Jolie and Phoebe and Katie and Connor, for Grace and Liam and Tessa, for KayTar and Bubtar, for Leo and the Two H's, for The Girl and Little Man and for Bee and Em and Patience and Persistence, for Oscar and Julia and Oliver and Swee'pea, for The Poo and Frances and Jack and Ben and Bub and Pie, for Fiona and Lorenzo, Diminutive and Pre-Pubescent, for Eleanor, Sylvia and Eli, for Little Shot and The May Queen and A, for Little A and Big A, for D and Toodles. For ALL of our children because they are the future and they deserve us showing them the way. And it's more than words, that.

As you know, Mad took a blog-i-day this month and Jess graciously offered to fill in as my cohort. Jess brings such a special voice to our groove, her humor is so wise and she is the very real deal. I learn from her all the time so make sure you visit her end of the table before you go. Next month Mad will return, no doubt suntanned and thinky and true. And we'll keep moving forward together, our lovely Just Post choir. Choir seems too soft really.

Just Post Warriors then, the lot of you.

Ally with accident of birth
Alejna with throwing blame
Jennifer with all kinds of wrong
Little Monkies with war
Mrs. Chicken with why
KC with working for the man
Mama Karma with let's act
Mary with mommy love thyself
Chani with serenity, limits to unconditional love, romanticizing homelessness, all the wilting people, this is not education
Crazymumma with it's just hair
Bad with around the corner i had a friend and doing it
Susanne with cloth diapers and pink third
Shelly with special needs
Blog Antagonist with the color of impetus is teal green and beauty interrupted
missing minorities (The entire blog)
Urban Urchin with mom vs. mom
Sage Femme with Incens(ationaliz)ed who also writes as Sage with thembelihle
Lawyer Mama with of privilege and prejudice
Jess with i touched al sharpton with my boobs
Julie with the divine right of kings, wergild and the big tragedy of the duke lacrosse scandal
Pundit Mom with only 40 years ago
Jen with american beauty, pulling rabbits, curbside pickup and we are all children here
Christine with $8.00 an hour
Kevin with the almost great lebron james
Slouching Mom with we must never forget
Kaliroz with reality, morality and future-ality
Florian with Alexandra Renewal Project
Deb with operation first casualty
Flutter with open arms
Hel with speaking our truths
Jordan with reaching out
Cecileaux with street sense and uncommon sense
Cheryl with because i am a girl and class action suit
Shannon with act my issue
Alice with ahhh Nina and outdoor essentials
Mrs. Chili with cutting of our nose

The readers
Mrs. Chicken
Metro Mama
Susanne
Izzy
Jess
Mad
Jill
Lawyer Mama
Christine
Hel
Aliki
Chani
Catherine
Alejna

Thank you again for turning me on to new reads, for recognizing yourselves and each other, for making us think. I so love the view from here.