three and holding

We went on a marathon 2.5 hour walk yesterday and M walked almost the whole way which was pretty incredible. She passed out soon after we got home which was a major Saturday night coop. The unfortunate thing was that we failed to make the most of it and passed out too.

Before she went to bed she came up to me and threw her arms around me tight and said You are my best friend, mommy. My best friend EVER. And my heart cracked wide open and ran all over the floor in crimson puddles of love and joy and warmth and knowing. I still don' t technically consider myself a kid person but I truly had no idea how head over heels you could fall for these little people that come in to your life and turn every fiber of your being upside down. Even if they do spend most of their waking hours whining their asses off.

And of much more importance, three women need our support right now. Jenn as she wrestles with her body, Mrs. Chicken as she wrestles with her mind and Orange as she wrestles with God. I stand shoulder to shoulder with you all.