deep red peace

We had a lovely time, a couple of vineyards, a terrific massage, and some delicious food and drink. Altogether too short..but I am grateful for what it was.

It's always such a blessing to take a moment apart, and then come crashing back like a horse to the stable, for even in the short break I missed M, and with it the knowledge that I can never really go back to who I am, because my heart walks around beside me now, and I need it to breathe.

I toasted you with a 2002 merlot (I've never quite mustered up the capacity to enjoy the earthiness of cab) and thought again of how fortunate I am to have this still new and shiny place where we can gather.

I am toying with the idea of a freeflowing poetry roundtable - where we'd each write a line (in the comments) that flows from the previous, and after 24 hours call it good and I'll post our creation.

Let me know if you might be game. Because if so, game on.