closer

I still have a whole other post swirling around in my now wine addled brain but that will wait for another day because I am too tired to do it justice. The tiredness comes from hours of talking, five or six hours of talking with people who have been living two doors down for years and yet we'd never taken the time.

I invited them and another couple over with the thought of connecting the latter with the former, relatively new moms the both of them but the latter is struggling with the newness and I can't help but see my reflection in her tired, overwhelmed eyes. Everyone had a great time, good food and drink and much merry and the two of them hit it off famously.

As everyone left we made plans for the next time and then we sat alone on our porch I told J that I had wanted them to meet but I also needed this for me. I need to know there are people close by and in 3-D and while I didn't know how it would go it had gone better than I'd hoped. Connections are elusive, they are either there or not and you can't force it and it's got to feel right so when it's good it's really, really good.

Jenn wrote a post recently called There's a girl that was written in a ethereal, haunting almost Milne sort of language that left me wanting for more. It summed up her own bit of perfection and as such I share it with you. You can find more over at suburban turmoil and petroville.

And don't forget to email me your Just Post nods before Friday at girlplustwo(at)yahoodotcom. If this is new to you read the going global post a bit farther down the page or one of the Just Post buttons on the right.