Friday, January 04, 2008

out and about

There is so much going on in the blogosphere at a given time it can be hard to keep up. As such, I wanted to share some of what I am paying attention to in the last week or so because it's too good not to share. Sin's selling some amazing pictures and donating some of the proceeds to charity. I bought a gorgeous picture she took in South Africa today. Speaking of the African continent, reluctant memsahib is talking about the crisis in Kenya from a voice of experience and passion.

I am waiting patiently with the growing less patient every day with very good reasons KC as she prepares to have her beautiful baby. (Here's hoping you are in labor as I type.) I've been loving Liv's joy and happiness after a very tough period of time and she's shining so bright. Peter's recently launched accidental dharma, a collaborative site that is open to anyone who wants to share their story and the lovely P is regaling us with stories from her exotic trip to India.

There's been live blogging in Iowa and some waxing and making of waves over at Cecil's. CCE is making me laugh and Deb's kicking ass and heading back to school. Mrs. Chicken is knocked up and Bossy's little one is on the mend. Krista has rounded a corner and is looking fabulous, Janet has a pox in her house and Chani's going to Thailand. And this is just a sampling of the what's going on around us every single week.

And it's a distinct privilege as well as a true pleasure to be a small part of it.

20 comments:

liv said...

you're such a doll! i am grateful to be having a good time right now. truly. and i am counting the days until i go you know where to see you know who!!!

can't wait to get down on these other reads.

Family Adventure said...

... "and checking in with Jen in California as she fights to improve the lives of people so many of us seem to have forgotten."

Thanks, Jen. Hope you're having a good day - Heidi

cinnamon gurl said...

Oh, new reads! Thank you... for the support and encouragement, for... everything.

cce said...

Yes, and don't forget your BABY...keeping us all real and honest and grounded.
Did you know that Elder Services requires me to have a professional reference in order to volunteer. I think I'll have to make one up as my former biz. partner doesn't even have time to respond to my e-mails much less pose as a reference for my good works. Sighhh.

Beck said...

There are some amazing people out there, you included.

Bon said...

you're right, it is an amazing, busy time in the midst of this throng of living that we seem to have created out here.

and then you & Mad & Hel & Susanne and the Just Post baby, encouraging us all to extend the energy into our home communities...privilege and pleasure, like you say.

Krista said...

Hey, thanks for the encouragement!

KC said...

oh jen, still here. Did the labor gods forget about me? Worst case scenario: induction on the 10th. At least before he goes.

Magpie said...

Yes indeedy. A nice little world here.

mamatulip said...

Holy crap, Mrs. Chicken is pregnant? I can't keep up with all these blogs! LOL!

NotSoSage said...

You are such an amazing community builder...even in this little ol' bloggy world. It's incredible to watch.

And I've decided that it's not that my computer is slow loading your blog, it's that my anxiety in wanting to load the page is directly proportional to my desire to read...and it can sense that. I swear. ;)

Janet said...

It really is a pleasure to be taking part, isn't it?

PS I think the pox has passed. It was all feverish bravado but, in the end, the vaccine prevailed. Hooyah!

flutter said...

I'm so glad there's you.

meno said...

So many blogs, so little time. Or really, never enough time for all the greatness out there.

Mrs. Chicky said...

I'm tired just thinking of it all. It's like a trip around North America in one day.

Jennifer said...

Oh, what fun to read this. Plus, new links for me. Whee!

deb said...

Hope the storm isn't affecting you, or at least not too much. Been thinking about you as I hear reports on the news about a storm hitting the coast of California. Take care.

Mrs. Chicken said...

Aw, you're the best. I was hoping to get to BlogHer to meet you this year. Sadly, I will be too far along to do so.

I haven't forgotten about your baby. Post about that coming soon.

Be safe in that awful weather up your way. If I know you, you'll be out helping others.

dawn224 said...

Holy cow! You are right - It *is* busy out there. Nice nutshell post :)

P said...

You are too sweet to link to me. One of the nice things about being back from my trip is the time to catch up on reading my favorite blogs, which include yours...